Grande Prairie, AB
Reporting to the VP Operations, you will be located in Grande Prairie, and responsible for the day-to-day operations of a large drilling rigs portfolio in BC and AB. You have oil and gas and transportation industry experience and a proven track record of actively promoting a safety culture, employee development, excellent customer acumen, and solid experience with equipment allocation and forecasting. You are a proven leader and dedicated to team excellence. You are a self-starter and enjoy being part of a larger team. You will work closely with the Head Office team and your direct counterpart in Fort McMurray.
If this opportunity excites you, we want to hear from you!
- Manage day-to-day operations on drilling rigs in East BC and South and West AB
- Oversight of Equipment scheduling and utilization planning
- Work closely with the Head Office Team, Fort McMurray and Calgary teams on processing strategies and optimization
- Employee and customer facing
- Participate in daily operations meetings
- Routine on-site visits to meet with clients and field teams
- Accountable for financial results
- Actively promote safety performance
- Ensure EH&S incidents are reported, investigated, action items identified and completed with the aim to correct systems and prevent further incidents within the time frames identified in the Incident Reporting and Investigation Procedure
- Achieve operational and financial goals
- Manage budgetary spending
- Plans manpower and equipment requirements
- Drive corrective actions
- Equipment allocation and forecasting
- Maintaining adherence to company safety policies and DOT regulations
- Coordinates with the Dispatch team and plans and monitors employee and equipment schedules
- Tracks status of equipment, including coordinating with the Fleet team on repairs and maintenance
- Performance management, including progressive discipline, and coaching of employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
- Current Driver’s Abstract in good standing
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisory or management role
- Oil and gas and transportation industry experience
- Previous experience as a vacuum truck, water truck or track hoe operator is an asset
- Experience with P&L management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge using Microsoft Office programs
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills
- Successfully pass Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Screening Test
- Valid H2S Certificate
- Valid Standard First Aid
- CSO (Common Safety Orientation) Certificate
Why work for Pitbull?
- We care about our employees
- We promote positive and safe work environments
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Referral Program
- RRSP and Employer Matching Program
- Company truck provided
- Supportive team environment
- Opportunity for growth
- Comprehensive Benefits coverage after passing the probationary period
Pitbull Energy Services is a field service company that provides comprehensive solutions to the oil and gas industry. Pitbull was founded in 2004 with a singular focus on providing quality, reliable services to customers across Western Canada. With over 200 employees, Pitbull has grown into one of the largest providers of energy services in Western Canada. Our team includes skilled operators, tradespeople and technicians who provide excellent customer service by taking pride in their workmanship while always maintaining environmental awareness and safety standards.
Pitbull is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
We thank you for your interest in a career with Pitbull Energy Services Inc., however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent