As a HSE Manager, you will report to the VP Operations and manage a dedicated team who conduct the day-to-day safety activities at field locations and offices. You are a proven Health and Safety leader with a wealth of experience driving and implementing a Safety culture. You come with transportation industry knowledge and experience and have a proven track record of building a safety system in your current/previous organization(s). You are recognized for your relationship building skills and a keen eye for system improvement.
If this opportunity excites you, we want to hear from you!
The HSE Manager will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and continuous improvement initiatives of the company Health and Safety program.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting audits (company internal COR/ARC, etc.)
- Ensuring company OH&S compliance
- Overseeing Field Safety meetings/HSE Alerts
- Advising on OHS technical matters and applicable requirements
- Overseeing Field Safety operations
- Working with all levels of the organization ensuring company HSE policy/procedures compliance
- Identifying best practices and leading continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
- Leading incident investigations, development of corrective plans and follow-up actions to prevent recurrence.
- Managing hazard assessments, site inspections and observations
- Preparing reports
- AMVIR/Program management
- Carrier Profile Compliance Monitoring
- Transportation Compliance
- DOT Compliance Placards, Equivalency Certificates Etc.
- BC Hazardous Waste Compliance
- WCB Claims management
- Federal Trucks Monitoring and Compliance
- Occupational Health and Safety Degree, Diploma is preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience in a Health and Safety role is required, with a minimum of 2 years in a Managerial position.
- Related experience in transportation servicing the oil and gas industry is strongly preferred
- Proven experience achieving and maintaining COR
- Proven experience auditing, identifying concerns, and increasing Health & Safety Standards within an established business.
- Understand and have complete knowledge of all Federal, Provincial rules and regulations pertaining to safety codes and Occupational Health and Safety rules
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence
Why work for Pitbull?
- We care about our employees
- We promote positive and safe work environments
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Referral Program
- Supportive team environment
- Opportunity for growth
- Comprehensive Benefits coverage after passing the probationary period
Pitbull Energy Services is a field service company that provides comprehensive solutions to the oil and gas industry. Pitbull was founded in 2004 with a singular focus on providing quality, reliable services to customers across Western Canada. With over 200 employees, Pitbull has grown into one of the largest providers of energy services in Western Canada. Our team includes skilled operators, tradespeople and technicians who provide excellent customer service by taking pride in their workmanship while always maintaining environmental awareness and safety standards.
Pitbull is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
We thank you for your interest in a career with Pitbull Energy Services Inc., however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent